Designers & Book / UX+UI
The main idea of this group project was to redesign a website that was already designed for an organization or company that needs help with the strategy, scope, and design. Also, for this project we also designed an app.
With the help of Alexa Internet we completed a comprehensive demographic study—including user’s sex composition, educational background, age group, annual income, ethnicity, etc. The information assisted us to locate the website and the accompanying mobile application’s intended audience. From the audience demographics, the majority of the audience—in all likelihood—are young college students and adults obtaining postgraduate degrees with middle-class earnings. Ethnically speaking, they are composed of Caucasians and Asians.
PROCESS FRom Point A to B
Libre Baskerville is a web font optimized for body text (typically 16px.) It is based on the American Type Founder's Baskerville from 1941, but it has a taller x-height, wider counters and a little less contrast, that allow it to work well for reading on-screen.
App Idea (Interview Summary)
(Three interviewers from interior design, web development, motion media)
1. For professional books they highly rely on reviews to decide if they will buy a book. But for fiction or lighthearted books, they think Snippet can be interesting.
2. They think random recommendations can be good, but they still prefer the recommendations that are related to their field or preferences.
3. They can see the value of “snippets” excerpt from the books that the famous designers are currently reading or highly recommend.
4. For daily content, they like interesting themes, fun and cool facts.
5. For an app, they are interested in news, interviews, and videos.
6. People have this need to fulfill their fragmentation times.
The most important thing is to translate the necessities of what the users need with an aesthetic and meaningful design.
When the users are connected in this app they have the opportunity to choose a design discipline to receive information about books.
This section is where the users saved their favorite books from their favorite designers, so they have the chance to come back to read their books again.
It includes the new books that designers, contributors, and publishers release.
The recommendations come from the designers, contributors, publishers, and authors. They write about things that designers should read.
This section is essential for this app because users can read the best snippets of books. They can use bookmarks and save the snippets of the book.
E-reader is an essential part of the app because users can buy the books and connect them with the app. They read their favorite books through the app.